Farnborough Camera Club meets most Thursday, from September to May at the Cody Sports and Social Club. Door open at 7:30 pm for a 7:45 pm start and finish at about 10:00 pm.
We aim to provide an informal and friendly atmosphere in which to pursue our favourite hobby of photography. By attending lectures and workshops and through entering competitions, members seek to enhance their skills and learn new techniques. While catering for all photographic interests, we have welcomed the digital revolution that has brought about major changes in photographic equipment and printing. It is evident that digital photography has encouraged a new generation to become interested in taking better photos.
The Club provides various facilities and engages in a number of activities throughout the year:
- Weekly meetings, which are held during the season from September to May, may include: guest speakers who talk on various aspects of photography, usually with a presentation of slides, prints or digital images; competitions in prints and digital images, both within the Club and with other clubs; and Club evenings when members show their work or provide practical demonstrations.
- Workshops are held several times a season, covering topics such as basics of photography, the use of digital photographic software such as Adobe Photoshop, and other requested subjects.
- The Club arranges regular studio sessions to enable members to develop their portrait skills. The Club owns studio equipment which is set up in the hall at the centre.
- Other facilities include a laptop and digital projector which enables the projection of digital images for digital presentations, demonstrations of digital imaging and for digital image competitions.
- The Club has regular exhibitions and displays of members’ work, runs field trips and outings to places of photographic interest, and supports the local community whenever photographic input is requested.